Organise! readers please note: there are no pictures in this version, but these are available in the printed or PDF versions.
for revolutionary anarchism
£1.50 (Free to Prisoners)
CONTENTS - ORGANISE! for revolutionary anarchism no. 67, Magazine of the Anarchist Federation
Publication date: 21 October 2006. To order a copy, see Organise! main page. For links to all Anarchist Federation publications, visit http://www.afed.org.uk.
- EDITORIAL: as we celebrate 20 years of the AF, we reiterate the need for anarchist organisations.
- GROWTH & UNGROWTH: capitalism's need for growth is destroying the environment. Is there anything that can be called good growth? We also look at the idea of 'Decroissance', translated as ungrowth, that is gaining interest amongst French anarchists.
- 1956: THE HUNGARIAN REVOLUTION - fifty years after this inspiring revolt against Stalinist rule we examine the history of this important event.
- THE VAST MACHINE: state power and surveillance both affect political dissent. A feature article and interview with Belarus anarchists illustrates the problem.
- SWAZILAND: repression is increasing in this absolute monarchy where a state of emergency has been in place since 1973. The regime is supported by both South Africa and Britain.
- THE 1926 GENERAL STRIKE: in what sense was it 'betrayed' by the TUC? Could things have turned out differently? Organise! investigates.
- 20 YEARS OF THE AF: an open letter surveys what we have done over the last decade and asks some questions to our readers.
- ORGANISE! - THE SECOND DECADE: a look back over the last 10 years of Organise! magazine.
- THE POLITICS OF THE AF - A TRIBUTE, by Brian Morris: a non-member's view of the AF's achievements.
- CULTURE: ARMAND GUERRA, Typesetter, film maker, scenario writer, actor and anarchist.
- 3 REVIEWS: Charles H. Kerr radical publishers' 120th birthday + Storming Heaven: Class Composition and Struggle in Italian Autonomist Marxism, from Pluto Press + War and revolution: the Hungarian anarchist movement in World War I and the Budapest Commune (1919), from KSL.
- REVOLUTIONARY PORTRAIT: ERICH MUESHAM, Poet, playwright, bohemian and anarchist revolutionary, executed by the Nazis in 1934.
- OBITUARY - JOAQUIN PEREZ: the last surviving member of The Friends of Durruti dies, aged 99.
<Back to Organise! main page>