Go to footer

Skip to content

What is Necessary Authority and What is Not?

Philosophy: you need it.

Moderators: Yarrow, Yuda, Canteloupe

What is Necessary Authority and What is Not?

Postby Guest » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:52 pm

All the things I am about to say are just for discussion motivation.

Anarchism is BASICALLY a political ideology which seeks to take down state authority. That we can agree on. Although, society does need bits of authority in order to function. For example, the authorities of a child are the child's parents. This is NECESSARY AUTHORITY because the child needs to learn from their parents in order to learn about the world and society. The parents use this authority not for their own personal benefit, but for the benefit of the child. In contrast, corporate authority is UNNECESSARY AUTHORITY because corporate authority seeks to benefit those in power rather than those whom are working for those in power.

Basically, NECESSARY AUTHORITY is authority used to help benefit those UNDER the authority. On the other hand, UNNECESSARY AUTHORITY is authority used to benefit those WHOM ARE the authority.

These two ideas are linked to my philosophical definition of anarchism. Here would be my definition of anarchism based on these two principles.

"Anarchism is a political ideology which seeks to eliminate unnecessary authority in order to give freedoms and rights to society while keeping necessary authority which too is for the benefit of society."
[You can quote this message if you want to send it to another forum. My name is "Lawrence Ned".]

Here is the question for all of you to discuss.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN NECESSARY AUTHORITY AND UNNECESSARY AUTHORITY IN SOCIETY?

Re: What is Necessary Authority and What is Not?

Postby Guest » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:55 am

What if the authority does something that is for their own personal benefit but ends up benefiting others by accident

Return to Board index

Return to Philosophy