Go to footer

Skip to content

Organized boycott of members

No-particular-theme discussion board.

Moderators: Yarrow, Yuda, Canteloupe

Re: Organized boycott of members

Postby patrickhenry » Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:18 pm

Please boycott this bastard before he screws up the site.

Who??????? :lol:
." It was all right to accept books from the students, but when they begin to teach you nonsense you must knock them down. They should be made to understand that the workers cause ought to be placed entirely in the hands of the workers themselves"http://www.mutualistde.webs.com
patrickhenry
Denizen

Postby Zazaban » Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:19 pm

patrickhenry wrote:
Please boycott this bastard before he screws up the site.

Who??????? :lol:

IK
"I am but too conscious of the fact that we are born in an age when only the dull are treated seriously, and I live in terror of not being misunderstood."
~ Oscar Wilde
"Greed in its fullest sense is the only possible basis of communist society."
~ The Right to Be Greedy
Zazaban
Zen Master

Postby patrickhenry » Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:23 pm

Let's open up a can of shun!!!!! 8)
." It was all right to accept books from the students, but when they begin to teach you nonsense you must knock them down. They should be made to understand that the workers cause ought to be placed entirely in the hands of the workers themselves"http://www.mutualistde.webs.com
patrickhenry
Denizen

Postby Yarrow » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:01 am

so there has been talk of boycotting the elusive mr. Guest. any thoughts?

personally, i've considered the consequences of asking people to sign in before posting- and i couldn't think of any downsides.
Yarrow
Denizen

Postby thelastindividual » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:34 am

Yarrow wrote:so there has been talk of boycotting the elusive mr. Guest. any thoughts?

personally, i've considered the consequences of asking people to sign in before posting- and i couldn't think of any downsides.

No, people might not want to give away their E-mail adresses for various reasons, the best option would be to force guests to enter a username every time they post so we have some way of distuinguishing between guests (Although they could always enter a different one every time, but that would only be the trolls and the ones not generally liked by the community)
"Well, judging by his outlandish attire, he's some sort of free thinking anarchist." - C.M Burns

"Property is theft right? Therefore theft is property. Therefore this ship is mine" - Zaphod Beeblebrox
thelastindividual
Zen Master

Postby Zazaban » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:18 pm

No. The day guests are banned from the forum is the day our collective souls are torn out.
"I am but too conscious of the fact that we are born in an age when only the dull are treated seriously, and I live in terror of not being misunderstood."
~ Oscar Wilde
~ The Right to Be Greedy
Zazaban
Zen Master

Postby AndyMalroes » Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:57 pm

I agree, we'll end up like FT! :cry: Always going on about how Guests are cowards because they're anonymous. Even though he just wants them to sign in so he can ignore them.
How long do you think we can have a free and democratic society if we insist on maintaining totalitarian systems in our companies? We must have freedom for individuals and organizations to grow and to realize their potentials.
(Delmar Landen, Head of Organisational Development at General Motors, 1981)
AndyMalroes
Zen Master

Postby Zazaban » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:01 pm

I have to admit that I feel that most of the guest posters right now strike me as militant cranks, but that's their right.
~ Oscar Wilde
~ The Right to Be Greedy
Zazaban
Zen Master

Postby Guest » Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:05 am

the main thrust of that criticism must be directed at me, since i don't see many other guests posting (i've spotted a few). say the word and i'll stop offending you with my 'militancy' (which i'll call 'refusal to be so open-minded that my brain falls out'). i only post here because i can. if i knew of some other similarly-themed forum that allowed anonymity, i'd happily migrate. if you know of any, hook me up. even if you don't, sing me a chorus of 'fuck offs' and i will. have forum, will post. have none, will read. i was thinking about tackling kapital vol 3 with cooney anyway, but it's like school, whereas this is like recess. obvious which one wins.

Postby Zazaban » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:37 am

Hey, just because I don't like your way doesn't mean you should stop. I'm probably not really any different idea-wise, I just generally dislike the method of getting it across you have. Just my personal opinion though, and it should have no bearing on how you behave.
~ Oscar Wilde
~ The Right to Be Greedy
Zazaban
Zen Master

Postby Tsukae » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:31 pm

I think that getting rid of guests is a very bad idea. Everyone should be allowed to post. The idea that they are anonymous cowards makes me laugh. We are online and many of us are using aliases instead of our actual names. All of us are anonymous cowards in that light.
"Free love? as if love is anything but free. Man has bought brains, but all the millions in the world have failed to buy love." - Emma Goldman
Tsukae
Denizen

Postby Zazaban » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:34 pm

But I'm using my real-life picture as an avatar though. So is thelastindividual. That's hardly anonymous.
~ Oscar Wilde
~ The Right to Be Greedy
Zazaban
Zen Master

Postby Guest » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:35 pm

lies!

anyway i reject the premise that anonymity is in any way tied to cowardice in the first place. the usual refrain is that we're afraid to stand by what we say; but registering doesn't do anything to solve that supposed problem. besides, the premise assumes that we all value our e-rep, which isn't always true (i don't). it would be another matter if we were talking about using real names and somehow verifying them; but in that case i'd never post in a million years -- not 'cause i'm afraid to stand by what i say, but because i'm afraid of pissing off strangers. i don't want to get a mailbomb for calling capitalism exploitative. lol. anonymity fosters open, fearless dialog.

Postby Tsukae » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:41 pm

Zazaban wrote:But I'm using my real-life picture as an avatar though. So is thelastindividual. That's hardly anonymous.

If that's the case then I am mistaken. I do feel that people have the right to anonymity though. I wouldn't call the cowards for it.
"Free love? as if love is anything but free. Man has bought brains, but all the millions in the world have failed to buy love." - Emma Goldman
Tsukae
Denizen

Postby Zazaban » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:43 pm

Tsukae wrote:
Zazaban wrote:But I'm using my real-life picture as an avatar though. So is thelastindividual. That's hardly anonymous.

If that's the case then I am mistaken.

~ Oscar Wilde
~ The Right to Be Greedy
Zazaban
Zen Master

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to General Discussion