Go to footer

Skip to content

Fascism in cage fighting

No-particular-theme discussion board.

Moderators: Yarrow, Yuda, Canteloupe

Fascism in cage fighting

Postby DanTheMan » Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:30 pm

hi,

Anyone got an opinion on this, is Hoelzer Reich clothing blatant Neo-nazism or just innocent german influenced art, stuff like the HR symbol and Strength & Honor

They've started sponsoring cage fighters who may be just ignorant, or fascist leaning. All cage fighters are individuals but I think neo-nazism is entering the scene by the back door with crap like this being a acceptable fashion to impressionable young men who like to fight.
DanTheMan
Swivel-Hips

Re: Fascism in cage fighting

Postby DanTheMan » Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:37 pm

DanTheMan
Swivel-Hips

Postby Guest » Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:01 am

The Nazi influence is transparent: the hat on the skull; the Iron Cross (OK, that predates the Nazis, but still); the '30s Art Deco-style eagle's head; the "HR" stylistically similar to the Nazi's "SS"; the word "Reich"!!, for goodness' sake....

I'm sure they'd have a plausible rationalization for all of it, but would anyone seriously believe it? They emanate Nazism. Glance over them quickly enough, and they could be mistaken for propaganda posters.

Postby Insecuritykiller » Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:44 am

Makes you realise how cool it would of been to be a nazi.
Insecuritykiller
Zen Master

Postby patrickhenry » Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:14 am

Those shirts are perfect!!.......to wipe my ass with.
." It was all right to accept books from the students, but when they begin to teach you nonsense you must knock them down. They should be made to understand that the workers cause ought to be placed entirely in the hands of the workers themselves"http://www.mutualistde.webs.com
patrickhenry
Denizen

Postby DanTheMan » Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:36 am

least one cage fighter 2nites UFC split with the sponsor after realising the nazi connection tho WTF dude should have realised at first sight!

another Cage Fighter http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/6249/zentsov4nv.jpg

How the fuck can we clean up cage fighting? There are plenty of arguments 4 + against cage fighting but it's a big influence on young guys right now and the nazi shit is creeping in
DanTheMan
Swivel-Hips

Postby patrickhenry » Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:56 am

I'm not a fan of MMA no better then the romans and their gladiators...entertainment for the capitalist pigs..but if you want to take it to the cage? have jeff mansoon a self-proclaimed anarchist kick their fascist asses.
." It was all right to accept books from the students, but when they begin to teach you nonsense you must knock them down. They should be made to understand that the workers cause ought to be placed entirely in the hands of the workers themselves"http://www.mutualistde.webs.com
patrickhenry
Denizen

Postby Jawn Disease » Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:47 pm

That shit's fucking gross... Both the 'sport' and the Nazi t-shirts
Fuck tha police, comin' straight from St. Hungry
Jawn Disease
Denizen

Postby jack » Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:03 pm

MMA is fucking awesome, and it is full of Nazis, the most famous one is some Czech fighter.
jack
Denizen

Postby Guest » Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:13 pm

Insecuritykiller wrote:Makes you realise how cool it would of been to be a nazi.

Well, one thing I've always conceded is that the Nazis has some of the sharpest looking uniforms in military history. I just can't help but admire their aesthetics. Sadly, it's all tainted by what it stood for.

Postby Jawn Disease » Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:19 pm

They had a sick logo, too. I hate the Nazis for using the swastika, the bastards, I would love to be able to rock that all over, it's a beautiful sign. What's funny is that last time I was in India I saw swastika and stars of David everywhere, often together, because they have entirely different meanings on the sub-continent.
[Link]
http://tothewire.files.wordpress.com/20 ... verted.jpg [/Link]

[Link] http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_zoA-ZomYOKQ/S ... xagram.jpg [/Link]
Fuck tha police, comin' straight from St. Hungry
Jawn Disease
Denizen

Postby Insecuritykiller » Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:24 pm

Well the skull and cross bones to me represented the vicious predator that mankind really is. That we will all die one day, so does it matter that we take advantage of our power to get our way? And the nazis fought with this idea in mind i guess.

Something like that anyway.

I'm really not a nazi, it's just that i was working on the idea for a video game, and i did alot of research for it.
Insecuritykiller
Zen Master

Postby Guest » Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:28 pm

These bloodsports wouldn't exist in an atmosphere of solidarity. They inhibit us getting there, by maintaining the notion of humans pitted against one another, which is necessary only when the aim is to destroy or supplant (as in war). But these sports are only proxies for war, to satisfy the public's lust for blood, which they thirst for only because they're immersed in the capitalist religion of atomistic individualism.

The place to vent these sentiments, while they exist, is against the capitalists and their state and their other hierarchical institutions. This war mentality ought to be focused on its own elimination. The ruling class fosters competitive sports because it disperses frustrations in harmless directions, instead of against the ruling class themselves. We should be fanning those flames instead of watching cage-fights and whooping like jingoists.

Postby Insecuritykiller » Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:31 pm

Oh yeah. These guys fight for money and glory. They can get really hurt doing it. But i guess its their choice. No one is forceing them into the ring.
Insecuritykiller
Zen Master

Postby Guest » Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:35 pm

Yeah the swastika goes waaay back as a peaceful symbol. Yet again, righties co-opting lefty symbolism. That's how they operate. Reactionaries don't actually stand for anything except digging in their heels for eternity. But they can't stand on that platform, because the common people are always going to be fighting for progressive change. So they steal ideas and claim them as their own. Bit of a digression from swastikas, but, yeah.

Next

Return to Board index

Return to General Discussion