Go to footer

Skip to content

The New Economics

Current events and Activist Actions

Moderators: Yarrow, Yuda, Canteloupe

The New Economics

Postby Anarchological » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:22 am

President Obams's Council of Economic Advisors has announced that new efficiences employed by the Obama administration will allow the US to continue to implement its Keynesian efforts to stimulate the economy and create jobs by increasing government spending, while simultaneously reducing spending and US government debt. "We are able to accomplish this by employing increasingly rapid policy shifts to keep us ahead of the curve", said US Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner. "What the authoritarian top-heavy Russian Empire achieved with Five-Year Plans we can now accomplish with Five-Week Plans."
The new economic policy is said to be based on the US military model used in the war in Afghanistan, where overall strategy is shifted by major changes that we can believe in every five weeks.
Anarchological

Re: The New Economics

Postby thelastindividual » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:25 am

Anarchological wrote:its Keynesian efforts to stimulate the economy

Yeah, if by Keynesianism you mean the bullshit distortions of Keynes' thought that is neo-keynesianism. Don't get me wrong, I'm not exactly a fan of Keynes (What with his disdain for the "boorish proletariat"), but to say that we've been running on keynesian policies since The General Theory and that everything since then is his fault like the austrians do is just bullshit. Especially considering that the 70s was marked by the return to free-market policies and Friedmanite monetarism. But also because the only school that currently upholds Keynes' actual thought is Post-Keynesianism which is an incredibly non-mainstream POV in economics.
"Well, judging by his outlandish attire, he's some sort of free thinking anarchist." - C.M Burns

"Property is theft right? Therefore theft is property. Therefore this ship is mine" - Zaphod Beeblebrox
thelastindividual
Zen Master

Re: The New Economics

Postby Daniel451 » Tue May 02, 2017 10:37 pm

You have provided the true economic analysis and how rapidly the parameters has been changed since the day of new reign. I tend to get top essay writing services which help me a lot to prepare my assignments accordingly and your help is also appreciative.
Daniel451

Return to Board index

Return to News and Events